Thursday, November 19, 2015

How to Appreciate Yourself



"I am my best Motivator and Appreciator."~ Andrea Anderson

Going through life can be a struggle at times and the appreciation from others seems to fall by the waist side. We constantly do for other people and sometimes it feels like the love isn't returned. Why is that? Why are our hearts so big and theirs aren't? It just doesn't seem fair when you think about it for too long, but really it is. NO one asked us to have big hearts, we just do it because that's the kind of people chose to be. So where does the appreciation part come from?

 In my experience, I've realized that it's more important to appreciate myself. I don't expect other people to appreciate me because sometimes they really don't know how far I've come or how much I've achieved on my journey. Only I could possibly know that, so now I make it a point to congratulate myself for the small/big things that I've accomplished. Giving that gratification to myself gives me a boosts of confidence to keep me going and doing what I'm doing. So here are a few steps to help you appreciate yourself a little more everyday.

  • Pat yourself on the back for just being you. Sometimes it's hard to go against the grain and just be you and not conform to how people or society wants you to be.
  • Always talk kind to yourself.
  • Be an encouraging coach to yourself when you need it.
  • Congratulate yourself for doing good things for other people, even if they don't appreciate it. When we do for others it makes us feel good and that's a personal thing.
  • Applaud yourself for coming this far in life and accomplishing the things that you have  accomplished. Sometimes we forget to stop and think about all the things that we already have done. So every now and then just take a deep breath and say to yourself "I'm proud of you, keep up the good work."
  • Appreciate yourself for having the drive to keep going.
  • Applaud yourself for all the goals that you have set out to accomplish in the future.
We all need motivation along the way. I motivate you to keep going and accomplishing your dreams. I appreciate you for coming to this article and reading something for yourself that's going to help you and others. Always remember that it is important for you to appreciate yourself because we are our best motivators.

picture inspired by amissionformichal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment