Thursday, November 19, 2015

Never Give up on Erykah Badu


"Never give up on yourself because you are all you have." ~ Andrea Anderson

Sometimes in life we have goals that we want to achieve and we go for them, but the outcome is not quite what we would have expected it be. We may fall, cry or stumble but each time I believe it truly makes us stronger than we could have ever imagined.

A few months ago I went to an Erykah Badu concert that was held in Dallas. She was someone I really wanted to meet and I really believed that this could've been my chance. I tried to get a couple of my friends to go but no one could, so I went by myself. I was determined to meet and give her one of my Naturally Beautiful shirts with a personal letter I had written to her. I stood in line for about an hour in a half and was ready to make my entrance. The whole time I envisioned myself handing her the shirt and was prepared to finally meet someone that I had admired for such along time. As time went on she finally came out on stage and she was amazing. I soon realized my time was running out and that I needed to make my way towards the stage where she was performing. I finally made my way towards the front of the stage and was anxious to give her my shirt. My goal was to hand it to her, she'd read it and hopefully agree to be the face of my Naturally Beautiful shirts but unfortunately almost doesn't count.

Once I got to the stage there were security guards guarding it, so politely asked one them to hand it her. He did and I was so happy! She had the shirt in her hand! I had accomplished what I came to accomplish. In that moment I was so proud of myself. I realized that this was it, my dreams could possibly come true...until it was grabbed out of her hand by a bunch of hungry Badu loving fans. My heart dropped and I freaked. It was one of the most happiest then saddest moments of my life but it taught me a very valuable lesson. To never give up on my dreams no matter how big or small. I tried my hardest to talk to her back stage but the guards said it was nearly impossible to see her. I was happy that I tired but disappointed at the outcome. In life we will always have ups and downs but that doesn't mean give up, it just means keep going. Just because you don't succeed the first time doesn't mean you can't keep trying. 

This is what truly makes us beyond measure. To go after any dream even if it seems impossible and you will accomplish them.  Just remember that sometimes you have to pay the price first and that's the hard work and dedication part. I wont give up and part 2 of this article will be when I finally do meet her. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment